Blog #9

I personally believe that a flipped classroom is a great idea, but, I think it is something very hard to bring into the classroom and begin to introduce it to the students. It limits the amount of time a teacher has in the classroom since no work can really be be sent home. Also, it can be hard since it requires that teachers use more ideas for activities rather then busy work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRvmjjeZ9CA

Open education is a great way for dedicated learners to continue to learn without paying but without receiving a grade or degree. This is also beneficial for teachers to use since they can use lessons that are open in their own classroom to help in their delivery of info for maybe a difficult topic or tricky subject to teach without certain materials. Also it could be beneficial for a student who wants to learn more outside of the classroom or need clarification on a subject. One website that is full of open lessons is https://www.teacher.org/lesson-plans/  which can help teachers who are struggling to think or a lesson for a certain topic.

Some new skills I acquired from the powerpoint assignments was definitely from the non linear powerpoint's. I never knew how to make them but always wondered since a lot of my teachers would use them in class. I now can't wait to use them in my own classroom since I really did enjoy making them and can see how they can get all of the students involved and used as a whole class activity.
I always have enjoyed basic powerpoint but I feel as if they can be boring to some students so it takes more work to make a great powerpoint that keeps students entertained and enjoy the material.




Comments