Blog #10

As a future educator I can see myself using both surveys and excel frequently. Surveys are a great way to ask 3rd graders their opinions while keeping their identity especially for the shy kids. They help share ideas and get a general consensus of the class without biases or intimidation. At a young age some students refuse to share their ideas since they may be intimidated by bullies in class or their friends who vote for a certain thing. Excel is a wonderful tool to condense info from surveys and to create spreadsheets for important things in class such as adding expenses for classroom tools/decorations or spreadsheets for parents involvement in parties or door decorating especially in elementary when these events still occur.

Some of the most interesting topics that were classdojo, Pinterest, and edmodo. Classdojo was by far the most interesting topic I've seen in my classmates blogs. Its a wonderful program used to add and deduct points for working well in groups, on projects, or with others. It also can be used to share photos with parents, post homework and reminders for the class and organize groups randomly. Pinterest was the topic that took my for a surprise since I never used used Pinterest and never realized it could be used as an education by finding lessons on their or ways to decorate a classroom to control classroom management. Edmodo was a topic that I had used in my own classes but by reading some of my classmates blogs I realized that true benefits of it and how it could be used for younger students.

One tech skill I would like to learn next would be photoshop. I choose this skill since I have NO idea how to use it or even the true potential of it really. I know it can be used for photo making and editing and always thought that it was fascinating. I will try to achieve this school by taking tutorial on photoshop possibly even through Lynda.com !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #9