Blog #8

Adaptive technologies are used to support many different types of learners including special needs, foreign learners, and much more. They are wonderful for teachers since they help assist in teaching students and have them do it on their own. For example, text to speech tools are extremely helpful for students who struggle to read out loud or to pay attention to a book. Recorded books also helpful for students who struggle reading from a book but are great listeners. I've seen many students use touch screen in special needs programs because it assists with the use of their small Motor skills and they enjoy it much more then using a mouse. Some challenges I can see are the beginning process of teaching how to use this new technology and make the best use of it.

I would use powerpoint to create by having my student make their own powerpoint on a certain subject for example learning the history of a certain number and how they see it in their every day life. I could do a lesson on the proper powerpoint and have them evaluate the different slides and see which ones are good or which ones are bad. I would have students analyze some powerpoints from a specific chapter and have them tell me how they are all similar from learning these topics. I would have them apply their own knowledge by adding questions and assignments into my powerpoint where we break to answer questions or do a work sheet. I would make them understand by having them create their own powerpoint by understanding mine. They will remember by me asking questions at the end of my powerpoint such as exit questions.


This websites updated every so often to show the new trends for the year and gives a description of them to help teachers get an idea of the new trends and how they are used in the classroom. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #9