Blog #6

I decided to go back to my own 3rd grade teacher and look at his website. His name was Mr.Smith and he works at West Windsor Plainsboro Millstone River Middle School. When first looking at his website you can see his name and what room he is in, address of the school, his email, and the schools phone number, you can also see some of his favorite things, theatre and Star Wars. On the side you can see a welcome back letter, supply list, parent reminder sign up, the schedule, scholastic book orders, and lunch menus.
 Link: wwp4-5.sharpschool.com

I can envision myself using some Web 2.0 tools such as class dojo. I do service learning for my intro to ed class and I always see the teacher I observe use it and it's crazy to see how the students behave when reminded of the reports back to their parents. I think its great to keep in contact with the parents and to remind the students that they can risk their points if being distracting but can earn some if they're kind or on task. I also see myself using tools such as google docs to work on projects that can easily be used for group projects especially for the younger years. I especially like the slides feature for powerpoint since my students will be younger and just starting with these features.

The smart board is extremely helpful in the classroom and can already be seen in most classrooms across the US. The smart board can be used for presentations where everyone in the class can view the screen. It also can be used for an interactive lesson especially with math where students can see how fractions compare. Some new features I learned at the Tech Sandbox was how we can see 3d diagrams such as the anatomy of a human and the life of a blood cell but also 3d of a crab and such to tech anatomy and give students a visual to assist in their learning. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #9