Blog #5

Some Web 2.0 programs that I think are extremely useful are edmodo, since it helps connect the parents with the classroom in order for them so see whats going on and if their child has any homework/ assignments coming up. Prezi is also another great Web 2.0 program since it can assist in making power points a lot more interesting and can also be worked on in a group.Especially since I have so much personal experience with google docs I absolutely love this program and think its great for younger students. Once Web 2.0 program I dislike is skype since  it can be dangerous to younger students who don't know how to work it and it can be extremely confusing especially with poor wifi.

One Web 2.0 program I would love to one day use in my own classroom is Funbrain. This is because most websites only have math games which are great but they get boring. I plan to give my students as much free time every day to explore what they enjoy to learn. This program will give them easy access to games for not only math but reading and literacy as well in order to maximize their learning and to keep it entertaining for their young brains. Also these games are an easy way to keep them from realizing that they're learning while playing a fun computer game.

To continue with my theme of utilizing games to make the learning environment more entertaining I would love to see ATOMS put to use in more classrooms. This program allows students to test out experiments and such by using electronic building blocks. This turns science lesson into a more entertaining time and shows the students why things happen right in front of their eyes. I believe this holds the biggest promise for education since science has always been hard to teach especially when a student cant grasp the ideas without seeing it right in front of their eyes.

Comments

  1. I loved using Edmodo in high school. I always thought that it was a great way for teachers and students to stay in touch outside of the classroom. There are many times that I used it to get clarification on homework assignments.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #9