Blog #4

In general I didn't have a teacher with a twitter until my junior year in HS and she only used it so we could tweet her pics for our forensics projects. I've always wondered why my teachers didn't use social media as much but now that I have been using it for my professional account I can see how its a little tricky. Tweeting so far hasn't been difficult, but, its been tricky trying to find accounts speaking of what you want to have of your feed and then keeping up with 2 tweets a week has a been a lot since I don't even tweet once every 4 months on my personal twitter.  Looking forward to my future career I can see me using twitter to tweet whats going on in the classroom including assignments, upcoming events, and photos from inside the classroom.

Years ago the digital divide was most likely a lot larger then in current society. This is due to the fact that most students have had a chance to explore technology before school wether it be at home, a library, or their own device. Some causes of the digital divide could be how a parent raises their child, some use technology to distract the child to get them to stop crying which some families ban technology until a certain age. Another cause could be the financials of the family and if they could afford a laptop or smart phone. As a teacher I might experience a child who can't write a paper at home since they don't have a laptop or a child who doesn't even know how to turn on a laptop. Going into this profession I am prepared to teach students at different levels and have basic check ins such as turning on a computer yet giving those more advanced users tasks such as a typing game or an online scavenger hunt.

The type of student software I plan to use the most (for 3rd grade) are things such as class dojo (if allowed in my school district) in order to keep my parents in the loop but also to find ways to give my students positive feedback and to work towards goals such as group points for a class party or a longer recess. I also plan to give my students the chance to do a dancing, stretch, yoga, game, etc in between major subject switches to keep them active and smiling. I don't plan on using high tech softwares due to the fact that my students will be fairly young and I don't plan on putting stress on students especially with the digital divide.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #9