Blog #3

Some ELA technology standards that have already helped me with my knowledge to teach are, "Integrate and evaluate multiple sources of information presented in diverse formats and media (e.g., visually, quantitatively, as well as in words) in order to address a question or solve a problem." This one is because it helped me broaden how to present my information in new ways that will keep my students entertained but discovering new ways to learn. Another standard that already helps me is, "Use technology, including the Internet, to produce, publish, and update individual or shared writing products in response to ongoing feedback, including new arguments or information." This helped me learn how to perform accurate research and then implement it into my own work. One standard that I still need to work on is, "Make strategic use of digital media (e.g., textual, graphical, audio, visual, and interactive elements) in presentations to enhance understanding of findings, reasoning, and evidence and to add interest." This is because my weakness is graphs and using images from online to help present information. 


 Some tech software that I would want to use with my students (3rd grade) is search engines since they would still be building upon their reading/research skills. I wish I could incorporate as blog into my classroom eventually because I believe its a great way for the students to work independently but for me to be able to view their work and students to view each others work and leave comments or just for ideas. This would incorporate the "students can demonstrate the tech skills to use and participate on the web",guideline and the "netiquette" guideline. I would also love to do a group activity of creating an ad/commercial and working on Movie Maker (for my advanced students) this could cover the "participation in the community is meaningful" guideline. 
 

Some new skills I acquired by doing the Newsletter assignment were shading, column, and much more. One specific was word art, my teachers never let me use it because they thought it was tacky so I never took the time to play around with it and see exactly what it was. I loved this assignment because it gave me the opportunity to experience what I will be doing in the future. Especially as a 3rd grade teacher I will constantly be making newsletters for my students/parents to keep them up to date on whats going on in the classroom. Next time I would put aside more time to mess around and see what really works and make it appear more professional. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #9