Blog set up

My prior experience with technology is a fairly long list due to the fact that my HS required several tech classes, including ones that specifically dealt with windows, word, power point, etc. Though I haven't utilized some of my skills for a year or two, I would say that I am understand the common knowledge factors of technology yet I do struggle with the vocabulary. Also, my HS was very tech based so most classes required assignments online and we would have "common assessments" 3 times a year which typically were a power point presentation or a group essay over google docs. My main focus was google docs since my school relied on that for our school email, presentations, group work, sharing docs with our teachers, etc. I also used technology frequently at home and on many occasions had to teach family members how to utilize either a computer, smart phone, digital camera, etc.

In this class I hope to learn a broad list of tools to use when I become a teacher. One specifically being vocabulary, this has always been a struggle for me and I hope to be able to have a conversation about technology and the other person truly understand what I'm talking about. Though I understand technology it's hard to verbalize it without knowing the proper terms. I also hope to learn tricks that will make presentations and such easier for when I have my own class and will have to make them frequently. Also, I hope this class will help me in my other college courses in order for me to be more prepared in the future.

After taking the learning style questionnaire I truly am surprised about my results. Though I knew I was an active learner and enjoyed learning hands on, I was surprised that I was more sensing then intuitive since I thought I was more creative based such as intuitive. I also was surprised that I was more Verbal than Visual since I tend to enjoy graphs and images since my memory isn't the best. This questionnaire hopefully will help me have a better sense of how I learn and might help my studying techniques in the future!

Comments

  1. Your post is great! I think you bring up an excellent point: technology jargon is tough! We'll go over a lot of the vocabulary this semester so that you will feel more confident talking about technology in the future :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #9